Homemade sauce with ground turkey
1lb Ground Turkey
1/4 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
3/4 cup Minced Garlic
4 cups diced onions
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 cup of red wine
1tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup of fresh basil
1. Boil large pot of water. Have a big bowl next to it with ice water.
- Use a sharp paring knife to cut the core of the freshly washed tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes in the boiling water until the skin is loosened (doesn’t take long, so keep an eye out for it!)
- Scoop tomatoes out and place in ice water
- Peel tomato skins and cut in half to scoop out seeds
2. Heat oil in a pan and add garlic till it turns brown. Add onions after
3. Add tomato paste, wine, oregano, tomatoes, basil, and pepper after.
4. I wanted to have my sauce chunky, so I took half of the sauce and put it in a blender to make it saucier. Be careful with the heat and the blender!
5. While the sauce was blending, I started cooking the ground turkey in a pan. Just use a regular frying pan and add pepper.
6. When the ground turkey is done, pour in with pan of sauce and mix
7. Boil noodles & drain
8. Sprinkle feta cheese on top!
9. All done!!!
I’m really proud of myself with this dish, because usually I buy my sauces which contains a great amount of sodium. & This actually tastes GOOD!!! lol This way, I know exactly what I’m putting in my body. I have yet to master my favorite pasta sauce, Alfredo. Next time.