Fried Brown Rice Recipe
Being Filipino, it’s hard to resist the temptation of eating Filipino food. My mom sometimes make Filipino dishes that I wish I could eat. I decided to cook a healthy version of the delicious fried rice by using the left over ingredients from my last dish that I made.
Ingredients: 2 or 3 Eggs, 2 cups of organic brown rice, organic garlic, fresh cilantro, tomatoes, onions, sea salt, coconut oil +add your favorite vegetables!
1. Prepare brown rice. I used 2 cups of brown rice and measured the water with my fingers (water till the middle finger creased line while hands touching on top of rice) I washed it first, then added water to boil. This takes about 15 minutes depending on how high your fire is. Always keep an eye on this while prepping other items of your meal.
2. Wash and cut your vegetables
3. In a frying pan, add 2 tbs of coconut oil. Add vegetables and garlic in the pan and mix together. Set aside in bowl when done.
4. Separate the egg whites from the yolk and fry in the same pan (tastes better with the coconut oil ;) ) & Add brown rice.
5. Add vegetables and mix! Add sea salt however much to your liking.
6. Done! Enjoy this with any dish you like and you won’t feel as guilty!